Sunday, June 16, 2013

First comes love, then comes marriage...

You thought I was pregnant, didn't you?  I guess the title of my post might have been misleading, so let me just state for the record that NO, I am not pregnant.  Not yet anyways. :)

After Andrew and I first got engaged, I decided it would be a fun idea to use one of those websites that can morph two pictures together to see what our future children would look like.  I don't remember what site or what pictures I used, but I do remember that they asked me to describe our skin tone in the pictures.  The picture I had chosen of myself was taken in the summer and, being pretty proud of my tan, I selected "medium" skin tone for my picture.  

The result was pretty funny.  The website ended up giving us a baby that looked, well, nothing like either of us, and more like some alien version of what my baby would have looked like if Mario Lopez were the father.  I guess they took the whole medium skin toned thing pretty seriously.  I showed Andrew the picture and he was legitimately...concerned.  I guess I should have just accepted that I'm pale, no matter what time of the year it is. 

Today being Father's Day, I thought that I would give the whole morphing thing another try, this time owning up to my Caucasian roots.  Now, I get that these sites are not the most legitimate things, but I at least thought that with two good pictures, Andrew and I could get some kind of attractive baby that would give us hope for our future children.

I was wrong.  Andrew and I may be attractive people (maybe I'm biased), but according to this website our babies are going to look....interesting?  Let me show you.

Here's what they say our little boy will look like:

Not too bad, right? I mean, he's got my chubby cheeks, and Andrew's blue eyes.  I could handle this.  Hello baby boy. :)

But now let's look at our girl:

I'll be the first to say it, she looks weird.  I think it's the creepy hair and eyebrows that get me.  This baby looks more like an alien with a mullet than a baby girl.  I like to think that I bring enough cute girl genes to the table for this not to happen.

So I think I've learned my lesson: no more morphing websites.  I showed Andrew the pictures, and I think I might have scared him off, again.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :)



2 comments:

  1. Your children will be beautiful...absolutely beautiful. I know this. You will love them completely forever. I know this. In fact I can't wait to meet them (hint, hint)!!!! No really... it will come when it is the right time and you both make that decision with Heavenly Father. We have great faith in both of you and you good looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I think I bring enough cute girl genes to the table for this not to happen." I love it

    ReplyDelete